Re: Roger on TV

>Wow. It must be *really* hideous if it's not even coming out in video!

They're probably still trying to find a distributor for theater release.
Most producers prefer that, I think.

>I would think that being the lead singer of the Who -- and having some good
>roles in decent films under his belt -- would definitely put him in a
>position to know the right people for that.

Right, but he doesn't seem to actively use his status to influence directors
and producers.  I get the feeling he just lets his agent look for
opportunities.  His TV work is picking up with The Who's higher profile, and
presumably his movie work might, too, but now he's too busy for a long movie
shoot.

Notice how Mike Myers used the CFNYC opportunity to capture Roger's
attention for the Keith Moon movie.  He had mentioned the possibility in
interviews after the last Austin Powers movie, but got no response, so he
worked at it a little harder.  I get the impression that Roger never does
this kind of lobbying for roles that he wants.

>He's got some acting talent (not on the level of, say, Pacino, but
>he's definitely good), charisma and high name recognition. That should open
>lots of doors for him.
>
>But I think that much like with his solo music career, he has a knack
>for picking lots of crap and not enough worthy material, IMO.

Roger's solo career has declines (as has Pete's and John's) as The Who has
been less active, but actually he's been pretty successful--more so in
Europe than in the US.  I like a lot of the songs on his albums,  especially
DALTREY and PARTING SHOULD BE PAINLESS, and the albums have gotten more
interesting as he's written more of the songs.

keets