Re: Glancing Very Briefly: Sunrise

> Thanks for the straight lines!

Jeff:

You're welcome. Feel free to actually use them for jokes next time.

> I think the theme is a pisser because it is the voice of a sap.

Well, that's the point isn't it? Love makes men into saps. I've never seen it
better put.

  This guy is
> lamenting the loss of a relationship that was never a real relationship at
> all.

I don't agree. I think it could have been real and she turned. It happens, I
know because it happened to me. Out of the blue, one day she's completely in
love and you're Mister Wonderful till the stars fall from the skies, then the
next it's Goodbye Charlie and nothing you can say or do can change it. It's
confusing, it's frustrating, and you can't really deal with it
rationally...because there's nothing rational about it. Thus the helpless
feeling as discussed in Sunrise!

> "Don't be such a loser!  Pick yourself up, go out there and find yourself a
>
> real person to relate to!"

That's easy as an intellectual exercise, and most men realize it but their
emotional state won't allow them to act accordingly. It's not like they don't
WANT to!

> Well, I am an environmentalist!

AEB:

How could anyone with intelligence be otherwise? Oh, we need cars more than
we need trees. Methane as a fuel source? NONSENSE! And fuck all those whales,
huh?

> Many of my hippie friends are now techno junkies. They just
> changed toys.

Being honest I must say I was never a hippie. We called ourselves Freeks at
the time, but once Punk came around I knew where my heart really was.
The Sex Pistols changed my life...

> Men weren't attracted to the young boy.  His mum just acted like she needed
>
> help with the kid and lots of fine gentlemen volunteered.  Clearly she
> didn't realize how perceptive the young boy was at the time.

Keets:

A fine theory, but let me just clue you in here: most men don't get turned on
by a woman who needs someone to help take care of their kid.>

> "Sunrise" is one dimensional & sounds more like an Association song
> than a Who song.

Scott:

No it doesn't! No harmony, which is what EVERY Association song was based on!
If I had to pick one, the song it most resembles is Tangerine by Zeppelin
(which came three years later).
And what about all those nifty pre-Tommy bits in the solo?

> song was so special to him that he didn't want to turn it over to meat-
> grinding Who machine.

I absolutely cannot imagine Roger singing it.

> with Pete's solo work than The Who's output.  It leaves me quite un-
> fulfilled.

You're not supposed to have sex with it! Sex with it on the stereo, maybe...

New song coming later today. And as a side note: I bought the Creedence boxed
set yesterday and for any fan, it's a definite must. A bit pricey but MAN it
sounds great!

     "This is a dangerous world. Too many
               people are losing their lives to murderers."
                      George "Nu-CU-lar Man" Bush