Re: Frying the "Nu-CU-Lar Man"

>Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2002 20:15:33 EST
>From: Deliphus01@aol.com
>
>Dyslexia doesn't affect speech patterns.

I know, that's why I mentioned a mild speech disorder as well.  It may be
that dyslexia is caused by a problem in the same general area of the brain
that causes problems with speech, but I'll leave that to the neurosurgeons
on the list to clarify.

>Of course, even that doesn't speak to the fact this his speeches are all
>completely obvious stuff to a fourth grader (nice one, AEB).

Actually AEB mentioned fifth grade.  Say, YOU don't have a reading
comprehension disorder, do you?

>>cherishing and preserving each flub is
>>starting to strike me like mocking a cripple for not running a
>>sprint...again
>>and again.
>
>As I see it, there are several ways to address this. For instance, perhaps we
>shouldn't have a mental cripple in our highest office.

If you're not aware that neither dyslexia nor a speech disorder means being
a mental cripple, any speech pathologist can enlighten you.  Nor was I
saying that Bush is a mental cripple. To spell it out, I was pointing out
that in this day and age people are expected not to make fun of
disabilities of whatever sort -- that is, once they've moved beyond <ahem>
fifth grade or so -- and that if Bush has such a disability it shouldn't be
mocked.  Once again, I don't expect this to stop you, but those are my
feelings on the subject.

Cheers,

Alan

"Never never hesitate, communicate, communicate..." --Pete Townshend