Re: Glancing and more

it out, then threw it out.

Jon:

Yeah, it's amazing that with only a (relatively) few books about The Who in
the first place, one gets out that's so rife with misinformation.

> I'm sorry.  I was defining the "fixture" as the socket.  It was semantics,

Kevin Mc:

Actually, it's NOT semantics but the actual word. Semantically, "socket" will
never mean "fixture."
It's the writer in me...speaking of which, this is what I get for being in a
hurry and relying on the spellcheck:

"as Ted Rall said so elequently"

> That song pisses me off.

Jeff:

Mind expounding on that? That's most unexpected.

> 1st ~ I can't understand *anyone* not loving this exquisite
> piece of music.

AEB:

I'm one hundred percent with you on that!

> You know, ML, your politics crack me up. Why? Because I
> almost totally relate to your views.

You don't find them hypocritical? That's odd...I was told they were...but I'm
sure you get the message...

> faggot, environmentalist." You?

A Who fan. A punk who came before Punk. So I look like a hippie (I guess),
about the right age, do care about people and the environment, but am more
technological in my thinking than what I normally think of as a "hippie."

> Ah.....those were the days,

They still are.

> only (as he says) that he was bait in the seduction.

Keets:

Oh, it wasn't bizarre enough...now his mother used him to get men? What kind
of man is attracted to a young boy and then has sex with the kid's mother?
And, more importantly (everyone say it with me): do I want to know???

> the drums fade out at vital moments where Moonie's trademark
> style excels best on Quadrophenia, yet down not on other
> releases.

AEB:

To me, on the remixed Quad, the drums have always sounded a bit too harsh.
Unlike every other Who rerelease. My only complaint about it...and this is
true of both the MCA and Polydor releases.

> If he doesn't I will be very surprised! I think he was perfect, in fact,
> I think he made Gandalf a more realistic figure than the books did

You know, I mourned the fact that Patrick Stewart didn't take the role...but
now I'm thinking it's better than he didn't.
What sucks is A Beautiful Mind is a sure winner for Best Picture, when we all
know 30 years from now no one will remember it (unlike Fellowship).

> (which I have read for 31 years, at least once or in many cases more
> than one time a year).

You're scaring me, man...I read it first in 1969 and have read it at least
once every year since. It's become my Christmas present to myself. What's
hard is not watching the VCD over and over, so when it gets released on DVD I
won't be tired of it. I hear there's an extra hour of footage...is that my
mouth watering?

    "This is a dangerous world. Too many
         people are losing their lives to murderers."
                George "Nu-CU-lar Man" Bush