Re: Half A Who Fan

> > So your preference has more to do with the concert conditions than the
>style of music?
>
>FAR more than the conditions, the style affects me, hence
>my inattendance to 1982's "Who->'s Last" tour. Towser
>was re-adjusting to sobriety and "sucked" from the things
>I saw on vid and heard, was totally *flat*, IMO!

I dunno.  His guitar playing was suffering from the tinnitus, but he had his
moments.  I don't think Pete's voice has ever been better than those years.
He was young enough to have range and old enough to have resonance.  Plus,
he had a certain amount of expertise on guitar apart from the power chords.
I didn't like the style that developed on the old music, but the new songs
went very well.  I love the live "Sister Disco" from this period and of
course "Eminence Front" and "It's Hard."

>Truly, I'm sick of the "Who->'s Next' roster of tunes too.

What does that leave?  A lot of relative obscurities and QUAD?

>Gaby Lester is on this upcoming tour I HOPE????

I think it's Robert Plant.

>AnEnglishBoy~(tired, just home from my 13th viewing
>of "The Lord of The Rings: The Fellowship Of The Ring,
>and it's late late late)

Do you think Ian McKellen will get an Oscar for Gandalf?

keets