RE: White flag / hospital / greatest period!!

Hey listees, so the arguing has been going on while I've been away (in
hospital, suddenly admitted but now discharged) and as I read through the
last five or so days digests there's still arrows hurtling around between
listess.  Oh well, it's your lives and your arguments and all I can add is,
again, hey guys n gals can we please chill a little?  Getting stressed just
put me in hospital and although we have a wonderful National Health Service
here (in the UK) I'd prefer being at hone with my g/friend etc, etc.  So as
I said in one of my last posting before ending up in an ambulance can't we
all remember that a) we don't have to enter into an argument b) there are
scroll buttons on our 'puters c) there's also a delete button as well, d)
sometime "our" personal points of view just really aren't pursuing to the
extent I've seen over the past couple of weeks - and that, before anyone
leaps down my throat, is my opinion, that's all!

However I noticed someone, can't remember who it was came up with a
brilliant new "topic" - the best period for the Who.  I've been watching /
listening to them since 1968 and have seen them here in the UK and Europe -
but never in USA perhaps I will one day - over 100 times.  Each period /
year they've been playing live I've thought they were / are amazing.  But
for me the very best would have to be 1973 to 76 when they were totally
fucking AWESOME !!!  The show at Charlton FC in May '76 is still the
GREATEST live performance IMHO that I've ever seen anybody play!  And
fortunately I've seen most of the "greats" sometime somewhere - except The
Beatles and Elvis Presley - from '66 to 2002 - and there's isn't a band or
performer that can come within a mile of The Who when they're really firing
on all cylinders.  Record wise I don't have a favourite period as I think
everything they've released is stunning.  And, IMHO, even when they're not
there's few acts than can better them regardless of which Who line-up there
is.  But, of course with a certain Keith Moon battering the skins (when he
wasn't off his tits) there isn't a greater rock n roll band in the world.
Their recent UK shows just proved to me that they are the epitome of what
rock is all about, and Daltrey's nearly 60!  OK, in the period '65 to '73
they were probably ahead of their time and after then were only as good as
anyone else - my favourite albums have got to be (in no particular order)
SELL OUT; QUADROPHERNIA; LIVE AT LEEDS; WHO'S NEXT; WHO BY NUMBERS - but
everything they've released has got more brilliant / good tracks on them
than shit tracks and I can't think of many other acts that I would claim
have such a decent record / pedigree!

So, looking forward to some peace and love wrapping around all of you / us
on this list and reading the reports about the US shows. Also, it doesn't
really matter IMHO if you're in the front row or the back row 'cos The Who
reach parts no other band can reach!!

Keep at it guys and gals - DON'T Get Fooled Again.

Love n peace,

NM