LIFE's list

I've figured out what's going on with LIFE's list of best bands.  Did we
break into the broker argument for a brief mention of that last week?

TimeLife is marketing  a SIXTIES GOLD song collection, and their list of
best bands is (of course) the list of bands in their offering.  Apparently
they couldn't get much of a deal from Pete, which leaves The Who way down
the list.  Plus, it's aimed at the hump in the (nostalgia) bell curve--it's
all mainstream rock hits.

keets