Crossing the Line

From: Sigel James
Subject: Crossing the Line

>Kevin in VT
>Are you insane?

A bit.

>Apologize to Mark for what?

For what you said.  Go back and read it.

>There ain't no way in Heaven or Hell that I'm going to actually
>apologize to Mark

Well, I just said it would be agreeable to me.  The safe bet was that you
wouldn't.

>But for you to tell me that I'm supposed to apologize

Just callin' it like I see it, and standing up for some of my fellow
listers.

>for an innocuous remark about Jeff - THAT JEFF
>HIMSELF DIDN'T HAVE A PROBLEM WITH - you're even crazier than Mark is.

Innocuous. <chuckle>  Hmmmm.
And, if you think for a minute that Jeff didn't have a problem with
it.......
Funny isn't it?  Now you're using Jeff to defend yourself.
Sounds to me like Jeff rose so far above you he's got you all bamboozled.
That's the kind of class act that you felt compelled to insult and smear
after he was gone.
Don't you see?  Jeff just wants peace on this list.  The same as most of us.
How was it that Mark put it???......Can't help it if you screwed the pooch?

>Stay in Tune Kevin.

Well, at least I know you read my posts.

>To quote Mel Brooks:  "I'm surrounded by assholes!"

That's nice.  I prefer to let people speak for them selves...........
Here are some of your best quotes......

>"I feel your pain Kev - I had quite an exciting exchange with Jeff (among
>others) a while ago in regards to teenagers and liberals/conservatives.
The
>discussion got a little heavy and I got some off-list replies - off-list
>replies, I might add, that were much more open minded and agreeable than
>what appeared on the list.  But when the venue changed back to the Who
list,
>I got slammed much like you did.  Maybe not as personal as the slams you
>took, but slams nonetheless.  And then when I called Jeff out for basically
>the same thing you did, he denied even talking to me off list.  I can't
>prove that I did positively (I deleted the emails before Jeff denied being
>nice to me off list) but I'm positive I bantered off list with a "Jeff"...
>I don't know, I felt the same kind of backstab that Kev apparently is after
>Jeff said that he never talked to me off list.  Spooky, ain't it?
>
>Anyway, what did I miss?  Why IS Jeff being such a puss?  Over the years,
>The Who Digest has had some exceptional insults, personal attacks,
>narrow-minded nit picking, politial standoffs, etc, etc, complete with
>hardcore indictments of individuals aplenty.  So why did Jeff all of a
>sudden become so sensitive?  Did he find God?  Did his missus finally break
>him?  I could be way off, but my memory of Jeff on this list is of him as
>one of the more vocal and personal of the bunch...  Can take it out but
>can't dish it?  Loose translation...

And you wonder why Mark called you on it?
Stay in Tune,
Kevin in VT