Re: Scalpers/brokers; They are'nt going to go away!

>Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2002 12:02:24
>From: "Derick Bhupsingh" <circles01@hotmail.com>
>
>You just have to be careful when buying or selling such tickets and I
>almost was arrested for selling a Ticketbastard legally bought ticket
>which costme $135, outside Mars Music Amphitheatre in West Palm Beach
>(spare ticket) for the reduced price of $50 !!

Yeah, the WPB scene was particularly authoritarian (I'm trying to keep the
word "Nazi-ish" out of the discourse, oops too late).  I started with a
lawn ticket and traded up twice (to 20th row hard left), but I could have
done without having to act like I was dealing child porn.

Then there was the time in Philadelphia when I sold an extra (Who) ticket
for face value without knowing I had to be aware of overzealous
police(wo)men, and was forced to return the money to the buyer, plus the
cops confiscated the ticket. :-P  I really can't believe the citizens of
Philadelphia need that kind of protection, and I'll bet the buyer didn't,
either.

Cheers,

Alan

"Never never hesitate, communicate, communicate..." --Pete Townshend