Re: Terrorist scalpers...watch out for them! This is your only warning.

> It's not just because I don't like it- it's because it would PROTECT
> CONSUMERS!!!

Kevin Mc:

Now, let's phrase it properly, shall we? "Protect consumers because they're
not smart enough to protect themselves." That's your party's line with
everything. Forget about freedom, "WE know what's BEST for ALL of you!"

  Liberals don't have the market cornered on consumer protection.

Yes they do. TRUE consumer protection, not lip-service.

> Brokers serve ABSOLUTELY not commercial service to anyone except
> themselves.

If that was true, then no one would buy from them. That's called "the free
market." You should try it sometime.

> its manufacturer.  The CD analogy is a great one in comparison to concert

Can't be...it's impossible to do!

> tickets.  Wherehouse music in New Orleans probably sells 75% of CDs in the

Oh? What happened to Tower, which was the best store last time I was there?
And how many music stores are within 20 miles or so of the city limits of NO,
and add how many are IN town, and how many outlets do you have there to get
the music from? Let me warn you: I just did a quick search and found 47
within ten miles of the center of town. And that's just ONE city!

> > show they want.  It's a luxury service.  Want to ride to the show in a
> > stretch limo?  Want some eye candy escort service?  Same thing.

Sign me up for some of that eye candy.

> consumers when brokers don't have pre-arranged contracts and simply try to
> sell them once snatching all the good ones.

If so the best solution is to let the market take care of it. BTW, I think
the brokers DO have pre-arranged contracts with the venues, but
anyway...every time a law is passed, a bit of freedom is lost. But to follow
up on the declaring of environmental activists and drug users as
"terrorists," perhaps your boy Bush will declare scalping "terrorism" too and
all the brokers will be charged with treason as well. Sounds like a plan to
me. A Nazi plan, true, but it seems to be his way.

    "They have miscalculated me as a leader."
             George "Mr. Salty" Bush

               Cheers                 ML