Re: BIG DIFFERENCE

>There is a HUGE difference between hiring a person to get you front row
>tix, and having people buy up all the front row tix and then hope to sell
>them for 3X what was originally paid.

A difference of scale?  One ticket versus twenty?  Or are you thinking the
guy gets you the tix at cost, and his fee isn't related?

I think there's a fine line between these two, not a big difference at all.
If you pay somebody for the work, it amounts to the same thing as mark-up on
a resale ticket.  Is "speculation" the bad word here?

>It is a luxury to pay a broker to buy you tix ahead of time.. then the
>broker is providing a service... it is abusing consumers when brokers don't
>have pre-arranged contracts and simply try to sell them once snatching all
>the good ones.

The broker business can't be contractual in nature because the buyers shop
around.  What if you contract with Mike for the tix, and then an independent
scalper offers you a similar ticket at a lower price?  I'm sure Mike does
have a regular clientelle, though, if he's got a deal with venues for the
seats.  He's pretty sure of the demand for tix.

keets