Re: are you getting it?

>"Wholesale/retail also has to do with a business license, doesn't it?"
>
>No.  They are adverbs - not legal terms.

They are a state of being if you are a walk-in consumer trying to buy
something from a wholesale firm, and that license is the cause.  It's meant
to protect retailers from undercutting by the wholesale distribution
network.  You gotta have that retail license to buy from a wholesaler.

>Do I hate Abu?  No. Do I think his business should be outlawed?  No.
>Should the Feds come in and confiscate his bread and levy a fine?  No.
>
>I would guess that the 2 Kevins think Abu is a pretty evil guy.  Kevin Mc
>would want to pass a law preventing him from doing this and subject him to
>shakedowns by the FBI.  Kevin O would want to call him names ("You, sir are
>not playing fair!") and would refuse to buy anything from him.

The problem is when Abu and strikes a deal with the big store to buy most of
their Pepperidge Farm Cinnamon Swirl bread every time it comes in.  Because
I like that bread and it's sort of expensive, I get really pissed because
Abu has got most of it and marked it up 50%.  I rant and rave about the
price, but I buy it anyway, if I want the bread.  The other alternative is
to drive to the big store on the day their bread comes in, so I can get some
from them before it sells out.
Because the big store was party to a deal that will push up the price within
the neighborhood, I sort of suspect them of collusion to artifically
increase demand and so raise the market price--but this is not (yet) illegal
or immoral.  I just have to grumble and cope--but, I would keep an eye on
these guys.  This kind of deal is often a signal that firms are willing to
resort to other schemes which are illegal, such as price-fixing.

keets