Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V9 #66

> Bono gets the award for most annoying acceptance speech.  He pushed Edge
out
>  of the way and proceeded to prattle on with his standard talk about how
>  great it is to be him.  He is just soooo lucky to be making music with the
>  same guys after (gasp) more than 20 years

I get alot of flak from people when I tell them that I think U2 is overrated
and Bono is overflated,however he does fight some good issues in front of
Congress.Any artists or band members that call themselves by one name tend to
come off as arrogant,and of course I'm probably wrong in most cases,but
that's the perception I get.Charro, Fabio,Pink?At last years Grammy's the
Edge spoke for what seemed like an eternity and it was a well know butt of
jokes with the media and talk show circuits,so that's why the Edge mentioned
it and then Bono pushed him out of the way in a jokingly matter.

>Am I the only one who was
>  imagining Pete and Roger at the podium in their place?<<

There was a time I did,but not anymore.The Grammy's and all other award shows
just seem so superficial and to be a showcase of who's got one up on the
other.Nahhh.....actually,U2 fit in well..........Speaking of fitting in
well,where was Aerosmith?Were they there?When they did that ' Walk This Way '
duet with Run DMC 17 years ago,I burned all their albums.Hip
hop,rap?Ugggghhhhhhh! :O

Mike