How could I be envious at a time like this?

Envy at such a sad time! How could I be you may ask?

Simply this, John, a man I respected, worshipped and loved has died. The
band with which he was such an important part of, are almost certainly never
going to tour again after this fond farewell to their friend.

Those privilaged and fortunate enough to be able to attend these shows, will
experience a Who performance like no-other, and please I dont mean simply
because of John abscence, by this I mean that I think that the bands
performances will be so empassioned and spirited, they will play for John and
his memory, they will be on fire and unstoppable.

I want so much to be there with you all, to celebrate, cry and remember how
great John was, and what a band called The Who meant to me and countless
millions of others, I feel deprived of what I feel entitled to, that being to
honour and pay my respects to such a wonderful human being.

These shows will be a testemant to all that was great about John and the band
he lived for, you are fortunate albeit broken hearted people, I so wish I
could experience just one moment of it all.

This is why I am envious and although it may seem wrong to you, I think it is
so right.

Andrew Rees

"As you can see,  an encore is impossible.
 We have drums everywhere.  As they go to
 the dressing room,  please say an
 incredible thankyou to The Who."
             Compere Jeff Dexter  The Oval  18/9/71