Pete and Roger's shoes

In a message dated 6/30/02 11:29:56 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
pkeets@hotmail.com writes:

> I don't even know if it's a matter of money.  It could
> be that they just can't stand to think about John and this a way to block
> it
> out.  But whatever, the decision is made and I'm going to support them.

This is my feeling as well.  It may seem sudden to us on the outside, but we
have no real knowledge of just what the details are.  They are human beings
with a huge amount of pressure.  The bomb blew up right in their faces and we
are on the sidelines giving opinions on how they should react to it.  Maybe
we are so clear because we didn't feel the blast so directly.  It is easy to
make decisions when we don't have to deal with the real world consequenses.
How could we possibly relate to the shoes they are wearing right now?

We are all hurt personally because this is not your average band, this is The
Who. John wasn't your average bass player, he was the orchestra on the left.
 John Entwistle died and that will never go away.  I still feel the effects
of Keith dieing.  However, I am glad that they didn't quit then. The who are
not quitters. I don't believe at all that they do not care about John!!  To
even think of such a thing is absurd.  As far as the money thing goes, I bet
the Entwistle family could use a few million to help with their loss.

Where alot of the *unnecessary* pain comes from in situations like these is
from people's opinions.  There is no pain quite like being misunderstood.
Pete is not a politician.  He is not a people pleaser and he offends people
in the process.  He is the source of the dynamo and the origin of the band's
success.  I choose to give him and Roger some much needed slack.

Pete has his way of dealing with things.  He has grabbed the leadership role
in the band at this moment and made the hard decision to press hard and get
the job done.  I'm sure there will be a funeral and i'm sure they will be in
attendance.  They will have all of the quiet moments to remember John in a
very personal way that only they can.  I will deal with the loss in my way.
I have all of the records and I have a great system with a bass knob on it.

Jon in Mi.