LONG LIVE THE WHO!!

>From: "Scott Schrade"
>Subject: As The Shock Wears Off....

>One concerned girl
>even gave me a hug.

See, and all this time you wondered what it would take.
:-)
Wish we could be hangin' right now.
I know CDTruth is taking care of you.

>Today, his death almost seems like old news.  The cut is start-
>ing to scar over.

I had to shut it off.
I can't think about it all day.
Now that I'm home thinking about John, I'm hurting bad.
I've been baked for 2+ days straight.
I don't mean high, I mean down right fucking stoned off of my ass.
Bong hits every hour.
I've also been doing my share of drinking too.
Yeah, I know I'm just covering the pain.  Sue me.

I went sailing today with Jeff and Julia.
They are both involved in our local music scene.
Many of you will meet them soon.
To my surprise, they are both excited that Pete and Roger decided to carry
on.   They are excited about being a part of all of this.  Like it's taking
on a life of it's own.
At first they asked me what I thought.
I didn't know how to answer.
I still don't.
I just don't know.
If it's eating us up like this, you *know* it's eating TD up too.
I answer by asking *them* what *they* think.
They see this as a time to be together.  To be with family.
This coming from non-who heads.  They understand.
Per Jeff Chapman:  "It's the right thing to do."
Again, this from a non-who head.
I've never felt closer to them.

I still don't know.
In a way it seems to delay the inevitable.  Like some time down the road
we'll have to again deal with the pain that it's over.
But perhaps now is the time to just deal with John's death.
  Like having to deal with the end of The Who actually takes away from
giving John his due.
*That's* how I'm looking at it.
One thing at a time.
We need to pay John homage first.
Mourning the end of The Who will come later.
John Kendall, I hope this angle helps you....at least a bit.
*I* for one know that your emotion is based on your love for The Who.

>Me?  I *am* happy they're continuing.  I'm going to get the
>opportunity to recollect & grieve with a bunch of Who freaks.
>What better way to celebrate the life of this great man.

I was writing to Jeff House the other night.
I was saying something to the effect that we've lost so much, and that I
didn't want to also lose the wonderous gatherings and opportunities to share
that we had lined up.
Now is the time to be together.
Now is the time to joint together...with each other, and then with the band.

>I'll be at five shows - with my fist in the air & tears in my eyes.

I feel very honored and privileged to be at 3 of those shows with you.
I'll be throwing my fists in the air, trying to temper the violence that
hides in me, and trying to see through the tears.
I'll be a mess after each show.
I see this as a goodbye.
I know there will be a lot of hugging going on.

>LONG LIVE THE WHO!!

You know it, cousin.
Kevin in VT