MUST BUY! Matt and Andy's Who book

So the very day I hear about John's passing, I receive
my copy of Matt Kent and Andy Neill's book ANYWAY
ANYHOW ANYWHERE: THE COMPLETE CHRONICLE OF THE WHO
1958-1978.

I wondered how good it would be. There was another Who
book I won't name to which I looked forward with great
anticipation, only to find it flawed and lacking.
Would this one be the same?

Well it isn't. To put it simply THIS IS THE WHO BOOK
I'VE ALWAYS DREAMED OF. A book with all the loving
attention for detail, beauty of layout and surprises
of Mark Lewisohns' Beatles books. Imagine: Keith as an
amateur boxer! The Detour's tape box with Pete's first
TWO songs listed on it! A picture of young Pete
Townshend and his dog from a seaside newspaper in the
1950's! The full story of Keith's first band Mark
Twain and the Strangers! And this in just the first
few pages!

Those of us who've toyed with uncovering The Who's
history appreciate how difficult this must have been.
Unlike The Beatles, The Who, accidently and sometimes
purposely, burned their history behind them. Learning
anything for certain will always remain an
impossibility. It's hard to imagine, however, how
anyone will ever get closer to the real facts than
Matt and Andy have here.

Gigantic, heavy as an Entwistle 8-string bass line and
in glorious color from front to back, filled with
thousands of little and never-before seen pictures,
ANYWAY ANYHOW ANYWHERE is now the one book on The Who
everyone who loves rock must have on their bookshelf.

=====
-Brian in Atlanta
The Who This Month!
http://www.thewhothismonth.com