A strange couple of days

The last couple of days have been like a trip to the twilight zone.  I've
been waiting and looking forward to the Who's upcoming concert at Shoreline
for months.  Wednesday night I was playing Old Maid with my wife and
daughter, looked over at the clock and commented "next week at this time I'll
be watching the Who in concert".  Later at midnight, I was thinking the show
will be over, and I'll be having a bit of a let-down.  The show wouldn't be a
let-down, but inevitably I have a bit of a malaise after a big event like a
concert.  After looking forward to something for a few months. when it's over
I think "what do I have to look forward to now"!
Thursday I'm at work, when my wife called and asked "have you heard the
news?"  My first thoughts were of another terrorist attack.  Then she told me
that John Entwistle had died. The only thing I could mutter was "are you
shitting me?"  Since then everything has kind of been foggy. Things are
happening faster then I can process them.  Naturally I thought this was the
end of the Who.  I saw no way they would continue, much less play next week.
Now today while listening to the radio on my lunch hour, specifically to hear
more about what the group would be announcing.  I was blown away to hear that
the show would go on with Pino Paldino.  I couldn't decide whether to be
happy, or feel that it was sacriligious to play so soon after John's death.
I told a co-worker and he thought they were a bunch of heartless bastards out
to make a buck.  I still don't know what to make of it.
I'm still shocked about their decision.  I had figured that if they were
going to go on, they would at least cancel the first leg of the tour, take
some time, and decide what to do.  They're all prepped and ready to go, so
maybe they're afraid that if they don't do it now they never will.
All I know for sure, is that I'll be there Wednesday at Shoreline.  Like
someone else posted, I'm sure it will be an emotional event for everyone
concerned.  I've really been looking forward to hearing some of the songs
rumored to be played this time around.  I just don't think I'll be able to
enjoy it as much without the Ox up there, fingers a blur, playing as only he
can!  Hopefully Pete and Roger can pull it off.  I'm not sure if they really
realize how hard it's gonna be without John with them, so soon after his
passing.  I wish them all well, and I'll be giving all the support I can.
Rest in peace John!
                                                         Tom