selfish

I can not believe of all the news, I expected this the last.  Watching CNN in Budapest, Hungary and seeing the scrolling news bar begin with "The Who's..."  I figured for great news, but my jaw dropped.  I am too far away from the US or England to hear the tributes and the first-hand news and music, I am disapointed I can not celebrate properly the life and art of this pioneer.

I always prepared and feared for Pete's death and never crossed into my mind that John's death would or could happen.  A death is never an event to prepare for, but I can not help selfishly wondering why at this time in his career and The Who's renaisance was now the time???

John Entwistle was my musical compass and inspiration, The Who were the passion and fire in my musical & personal life.  I attended Berklee College of Music because of my passion for music, because of my passion for what The Who taught me in music.  I met and celebrated music with Mr. Entwistle, I played his bass, he is a musician defined and never emulated - the true level of genius.

My only thought is for Roger and Pete to please find peace in themselves and celebrate John by playing, something, anything... I selfishly want Bill Wyman to join them and dedicate this last turn to John.   John died on the road, which was his love, died knowing the band he created, defined, and made reach the top of Rock 'n Roll's highest echelon was to play again on the road.

I just purchased tickets to their final show in Cleveland now my closest hope is to meet him on the other side...  Until then, let us all celebrate together, a glass of whiskey or cognac to toast, and let us hear the thunder roll!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://mail2web.com/ .