Re: Show Opener

I think the ultimate show opener would be Baba O' Riley.

Mark

From: "Scott Schrade" <schrade@akrobiz.com>
To: <thewho@igtc.com>
Subject: Re: Show Opener
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 20:58:30 -0400

> I actually like CE as the show opener.

Oh, so do I. I'm just wondering if they're gonna make a switch.

> However, Heaven and Hell would also be a great opener if they decided to
> bring it back,

Yeah, that would be the ultimate of course but there hasn't been any scuttle-
but mentioning that song being in the set. But ya' never know.....

> and Substitute would be a good choice, also.

Yeah, the opening line of "You think we look pretty good together...." lends
itself to nice opener status. Worked well on the '79 tour.

> How about this: they opened with WAY at CFNYC and it was pretty damn
> exciting, IMHO

No, they won't open with WAY. That's a middle-of-the-set song. The only
reason they opened with it at CFNYC was because they were only playing a
4-song set.

> I don't think MG would be a good choice since they like to improvise and
> jam with it so much, often going over 10 min.

Well, they'd cut out the jam/improve part......a la' the '82 tour. It would be the
3-minute MG.

- SCHRADE in Akron