Re: show opener

In a message dated 06/24/2002 9:58:50 AM Central Daylight Time,
TheWho-Digest-Owner@igtc.com writes:

> I wonder if The Who will keep "Can't Explain" as the show opener
> on the upcoming tour.  If they're serious about changing the set around
> (which it seems like they are) maybe they'll switch it to something
> else, such as "Substitute" or "My Generation."

I actually like CE as the show opener.  They can come right out and rock, get
loosened up, and I really like the sound of it these days (better than in
their prime).  It's also cool to have it first since it was their first
single as the Who.  However, Heaven and Hell would also be a great opener if
they decided to bring it back, and Substitute would be a good choice, also.
How about this: they opened with WAY at CFNYC and it was pretty damn
exciting, IMHO (I was there as I love to mention).  They could whip that out
as an opener.  A good 7 min song to get them all loosened up.  It is also a
pretty safe safe song for Roger's voice these days, so he can get those pipes
in gear early.  I don't think MG would be a good choice since they like to
improvise and jam with it so much, often going over 10 min.  To open with it,
i think, would reduce this aspect of the song live.

kevin mc

"Just fucking listen and shut up!"- Pete Townshend live in Long Beach 1971