Re: Pete on Uncle Joe Benson show

Writing the QUAD songs quick, but recording difficult, LROM was
inspiration for the album
"Love Reign O'er Me"
So, this lends fuel to my theory that Pete doesn't spend that much time writing the lyrics to his best work. Once he has an inspiration, songs spill out all at once. But then, he spends a lot of time producing his best music. Pete says here that he worked a long time on the album, recording sound effects and worrying about the quadrophonic technology and etc. You can certainly tell the difference on IT'S HARD, for example, where it sounds like he forced the lyrics and gave the music short shift.

This was an interesting interview--I'm planning to try to catch it again tonight. Also, I guess there's more coming, as Uncle Joe said there was about 70 minutes of material, and this was maybe half an hour, once you remove the music and the ads.

keets