Spreading the Gospel

>One of the doormen at my building is a MAJOR Who fan, and

>periodically, I've been giving him various bootlegs that he enjoys so

>much. I sometimes give them to other friends and acquaintances too,

>since I just love sharing The Joy of the Who. :-)

>Leslie

I try not to be too overzealous when it comes to converting the sick; i.e.,
non-Who fans, but I remember this little hippie at a gas station near my
house a few years ago.  I used to say "hi" and "what's up" whenever there,
but one night he was totally jamming out to some kind of tripe on the local
FM station.  I think it was Guns 'n Roses or something equally foul.
Anyway, he was going on about how great they were and other gobbly gook, so
I asked him if he'd ever heard of The Who.  Of course not.  So into
Missionary mode I went.  He said he liked albums/vinyl and I had at least
three or four copies of Quad on vinyl, so I went home and brought one back
for him.  I saw him about a week later, and bless his little hippie heart,
he was converted...  Thought I'd share.

Also, this quote to me is the best I've read in the recent press our Lads
have been getting.  This from the Las Vegas article when pondering if Pete
is finished writing for The Who:

"But Townshend's genius is such that only a fool would count him out."
Works for me!

Have a great weekend...

Jim in Colo Springs

  http://www.thesigels.com/Jimmy%27s%20Page/Index.htm