OLP and The Who ...

In addition to the Green Day - Who connection recently mentioned, I just got the newest CD from Our Lady Peace named Gravity (Buy it now!)

They have a contest on thier website (ourladypeace.com) where you can win a vintage guitar used in the recording and it goes on to talk about Gravity:

------

More about Gravity:

Produced by Bob Rock (Metallica) and mixed by Randy Staub (Nickelback), Gravity was recorded over the course of 10 weeks (the quickest of any OLP album) in late 2001/early 2002 at Rock's Plantation Studios in Maui. The band utilized the vintage gear in Rock's studio

--including an amp used by Pete Townshend--

the guitar played by Billy Duffy in the Cult's "She Sells Sanctuary" video as well as guitars and amps deployed by Metallica and the Cult--to capture the energy and spirit of Our Lady Peace's live concerts. (see below for upcoming tour dates)

"Somewhere Out There," the first single from Gravity, has been Top 10 on the Modern Rock Track's chart for weeks now and is scaling both the Mainstream Rock and the Active Rock charts. The band shot a video for the track in Montreal in late April with director Eric Heimbold whose risumi includes the Baha Men's "Who Let The Dogs Out" and the Brian Setzer Orchestra's "Jump Jive An' Wail," among others.

------

"an amp used by Pete Townshend" I wonder just how many of those are left out there, let alone one still in working condition after it was used (Abused?) by Pete :)

This is normally the point where I would rant and rave about OLP but I've got other thigns to do right now. Maybe later.

Long Live Rock,
Brian Wright
http://www.wright-onthe-web.com

"Stop shoving people this isn't the Who!"
-- Overheard at an OLP show in Toledo, Ohio