Re: Old Who Footage

The show is called "16 Million De Jeunes". See concert File for Details.
The concert footage is from the Peir Pavilion at Felixstowe in England.

The D.J. is actually American, had a pirate Radio show and who spoke perfect French.

Think twice about circulating this film.

Dave...

The other day I acquired some old Who footage I had not seen in my 20
years of Who collecting.

First off, it's from around '65-'66, in black & white, and from a French
T.V. show which seems to be called "Made In America."

This particular episode (45 minutes) features The Merseys, Georgie Fame
(with a young Mitch Mitchell on drums), & The Who.

The host is a French dude (obviously) who wears a homemade-looking
"I Love Pirates" T-shirt, & he shouts out comments about the bands from
a studio / control room area.

The Who footage starts out with John, Roger, & Keith coming out of a
French hotel & jumping into a waiting car.  Lambert & Stamp are watch-
ing from the hotel doorway & before getting in the car Daltrey shouts,
"Where's Pete, Kit?"  Kit responds, "I have no idea."