Re: New Daltrey VH1 interview

he did, and he also cheated on her regularly until he met Heather, when he divorced his first wife, and then obviously started cheating on Heather.
It goes with the personality. (see below)

>    It's often a woman's reason for wanting to marry, and something
>    that men have to deal with.

Frankly Lela I think that's a most disrespectful to women comment. I
know many women who marry and have no desire to have children. I'd agree with you if we were talking in purely biological terms, but in our society today there are many many more complex socio-sexual reasons for marriage.

I said "often," not "always." Do you think the percentage of women who marry to have children has fallen? I've heard that women now mostly want romance and a wedding, but not marriage. That's even more disrespectful. There's also a percentage that apparently want children but not a husband. You're right that it's complex.

However, Roger says that Heather was upfront with her desire to have children, and that he was honest about the amount of time he would be away from home and what he would be doing. It sounds like a good conversation to have during discussions of marriage.

> > And, he's turned out to be very loyal to his wife, regardless of the indiscretions.

Sorry Lela, but that really is perverse. He's cheated on his wife. He
has been most disloyal. You might imagine he's found a chief cook and
bottlewasher for home while living it up on the road.
And a mother for his children. I think this is the standard, old-fashioned model for marriage. Notice how it persists within the UK aristocracy?

> > Why didn't the interviewer ask "So Roger, while you've been out
> > there doing it, who's your wife been sleeping with"?
>
> This interviewer might not have thought of it, but others have.
> Roger's response was that she was free to do it, but that he didn't want to know about it.

Where did you see this?
It's in the famous "Whipped Cream" interview published in HIGH SOCIETY.

My impression from this interview is that Roger is an incredibly selfish person who wants it all his own way.
We all knew that, didn't we? Roger wants to conquer the world--it's the personality that drives The Who.

LB