Re: Comments On Pete's VH1 Interview

> Regarding Schrade's "pissy" review of Pete's interview.........
> Cousin, cheer the ef up!!!!

You're right.  I was too nasty & too personal.  Nearly Fang-like in my
bitterness.  That scares me.  Really, I'm not obsessive.  :-)

> I think he's pulling VH1's leg regarding the album.

I don't.  I think he's serious as hell.  I think he believes a new Who album
is a big-time mistake.  I think he was talked into it by Daltrey.  I think
Daltrey gave him that "We're not gettin' any younger...." speech.  I think
Pete agreed to do the album for Roger.  I think Pete regrets making that
decision.

> If he's talking the truth, I'm fearing the outcome as well.

He *is* talking the truth.  And he's making sure he has an "out."  With all
the talk about "I don't know if we'll be able to do it....," Pete gives him-
self the groundwork to say this Winter, "Well, we tried it.  Couldn't come
up with anything.  Too bad.  Didn't work.  Told ya' it might not."

He's making sure he has an out.

> A Who album written by Roger.  Ha!

(shudder)  Oh the pain.  The pain!

> Pete's embarrassed to write with others because he's embarrassed to uncover
> his soul in front of others.  He's a sensitive bloke that one

Roger bared *his* soul when he expressed his opinions to Pete about
wanting to be able to play & record with The Who at this stage of their lives.
That takes guts.

So why can't Pete just suck it up & follow through properly on this whole new
Who album idea?  Why can't he just *believe* that he can do it?  And do it!

Maybe it's because he still thinks Roger is just a twit.  Many people do.  I've
heard Pete defend Roger before (and cut him down 10 seconds later!), so why
can't Pete be fully in Roger's corner on the album project?  Why?! Why?! Why?!
I demand answers.

There really needs to be a thoughtful study written about the friction-filled re-
lationship between Pete Townshend & Roger Daltrey throughout the years.
Someone get to work on that!

- SCHRADE in Akron