Re: misinterpretation by Jeff

In a message dated 07/29/2002 8:54:56 PM Central Daylight Time,
TheWho-Digest-Owner@igtc.com writes:

> From: Sroundtable@aol.com
> "They may have said yes to HOB to give them a reason to cancel the
> slow-selling shows."
>
> No.  Schedule a show to provide an *excuse* to cancel other shows?  Why do
> they need to provide an excuse?  To satisfy *some* fans?  NOT.
>
> Maybe they scheduled the HOB show because they wanted to play the HOB for
> Pete's favorite charity.  Could it really have been that simple?  Does
> there
> have to be some sort of insidious motivation?

Of course there doesn't.  I was responding to the person who claimed that
they had cancelled the shows due to slow ticket sales, period.  I simply
stated that with the schedule as it would have been with the addition of
HOB/chicago, it would be impossible for them to keep all the dates, as is.
It seems like when you read my posts, jeff, you always jump on a comment
without taking the entire post into account.  Notice the big MAYBE I put in
front of my sentence.  I was simply making a statement to the original author
that this MIGHT be possible, nothing more.  My belief is that they simply
couldn't keep all the dates AND do HOB, so they chose to keep the charity gig
and cancel a couple of shows that weren't even originally in the tour.  I
just hope they keep Dallas.

mc

"Just fucking listen and shut up!"- Pete Townshend live in Long Beach 1971