Re: "ringo's son"

In a message dated 07/28/2002 6:55:01 PM Central Daylight Time,
TheWho-Digest-Owner@igtc.com writes:

> That is the worst attempt at sarcasm that I have ever read.
> You are wrong.  Steve Morse is a respected rock writer.  He knows what he
> is
> doing.  He's not writing these reviews for Who fans, he's writing it for
> the
> readers of The Boston Globe.  Zak's talent is great, but irrelevant to the
> point you are making.  This was about his fame (or lack thereof), not his
> talent.  Many people do not know who Zak is.

This is a bit un-called for and wasn't sarcastic at all.  I was not really
criticizing this particular writer, i'm just a bit annoyed at the press
overall for putting "ringo's son" in EVERY article.  Just speakin up for Zak,
that's all.  I think he's good enough on his own not to have that label
placed on him in every article.  It is no comment on this writer,
specifically.

As for roger's voice being "out of control," i didn't appreciate the
condescending tone with which you answered the question.  I had just never
heard that term used to describe someone's singing voice.  It doesn't really
describe very accurately wht happened.  Maybe "struggling to hit some notes"
would be better, or Roger's voice was "in and out", or showed some "loss of
range."  "Out of control" could mean a number of things.  Using a basketball
analogy, as you did, I would compare this to a player who is a "step slow" or
has lost the quick release on his jumper, not one who is out of control,
which is generally attributed to younger, immature players.

mc

"Just fucking listen and shut up!"- Pete Townshend live in Long Beach 1971