Re: BBC cd? / MG Rerelease

> Hi, I understand that everyone is excited to buy the new Stereo Version of
My Generation.
> How come it seems that people were not as excited about the BBC Sessions
coming out on
> cd? It seems people forgot about that cd release.

It was discussed, critiqued, & reviewed.  Maybe not extensively, but it
*was* talked about.  I
have noticed, however, that the majority of discussion on the lists takes
place *before* a CD
is released (think Carly Simon's "Anticipation").  And afterwards,
discussion seems to die off
rather quickly.  And Mr. Rhein's correct - the BBC bootleg, for the most
part, is better-sounding.

> The BBC Sessions has a very large amount of My Generation songs on it.

True, but the whole soap opera of whether or not Shel Talmy was going to
give his permission
to use his MG session tapes for the rerelease has sparked much interest.
Plus, MG is the *one*
remaining Who studio album that was left dangling & un-rereleased (!).
Also, I, & many others
are excited about the outtakes which are supposed to be included.  Should be
fun!

- SCHRADE in Akron