Re: history in the making

In a message dated 7/7/2002 10:55:42 AM Central Standard Time,
TheWho-Digest-Owner@igtc.com writes:

> There  definately seems to be more fire here than in 2000.  The energy and
> attitude comes frome these two and they knew it. ( No diss on John at all
> here!) I believe that they should do the new album without reservation.
> There is a reason to fight now.  I just adore Roger's stand and Pete's
> superior abilities- in the clutch. That and the fact that they have one Zak
>
> Starkey backing them up full throttle.  I am so excited. This is history in
>
> the making.
>
> Jon in Mi.

YES!!!!  Fuckin right, JON!  There is so much energy right now from pete and
roger, it would be a real shame if they ditched the new album.  Roger has
sounded flat AWESOME on this tour.  If he can sing LROM so convincingly, he
can sing anything.  Great vocal range.  The Who's songs are probably more
demanding vocally than any band ever, and roger is chewing them up and
spitting them out (literally, as he spits water on the crowd right before the
WGFA scream.  pretty damn cool).  He did that every night on the west coast.
Pete's guitar work far surpasses his 60s and 70s efforts technically, and he
still windmills and jumps, etc with unmatched fury.  I say, "UNLEASH THE
FURY!!!" on a new Who album.  If the fire is there, the album will be great.
The fire was missing from FD and IH.  It won't be missing from this one if
the current tour is any indication.  I am honored to have made HB, 2002 my
first ever full Who concert, as I am honored to have seen them with John at
CFNY in 2001.

kevin mc