post-ox who

In a message dated 07/04/2002 10:20:21 PM Central Daylight Time,
TheWho-Digest-Owner@igtc.com writes:

> All in all, I thought it was a breathtaking show.
> I don't know how they will all feel about it once the tour is over, but
> if they want to keep going, all the elements are there to work with.
> We would all miss JAE, but we also miss Keith, and now we have Zak to
> love.  We would never have had that if they had really quit in 1982.

They should keep going, if they want to.  I hate when people say there can be
no more who now w/o john.  wasn't keith as big  part of the who and their
sound as john?  maybe there is disagreement here, but certainly the band lost
more of their live act when keith died than when john died.  true, the sound
can never be the same w/o the Ox, but it isn't the same w/o keith, also...
but everyone seems to love Zak and accept him.  If pete and roger say it's
the who, then it IS the who, especially as long as they play like like they
have the last 3 shows (i was at all of them).  Those raving about HB would be
lost for words after Shoreline.  Greatest live show of ANY kind I have ever
seen.  There CAN be a Who if pete and roger want it... and i hope to god they
do as great as they sound right now.

kevin mc

"Just fucking listen and shut up!"- Pete Townshend live in Long Beach 1971