shoreline was even better than HB

I won't go into too much detail, but this concert was so incredible it felt
like an out of body experience.  Sensory overload.  Pete was posessed by his
25 year old self, except more skilled.  Four straight jumps at the end of
WGFA, and some added windmills, to boot.  Pete actually got caught up in the
guitar cord during MG and stumbled back into a large amp, knocking it over.
Pete would have hit the floor if the amp wasn't there.  Pete was warm, funny,
and seemed to be in a great mood tonite.  Extremely positive.  Quote of the
night: (after eminence front)- Pete to the audience: "I'm not passing
judgement on you if you do too much cocaine.  You do as much of it as you
want."  Roger: "Yeah, just don't give any of it to him."  Pete laughs
hysterically.  Roger's voice was absolutely the best I have heard post early
80s.  Like in a time warp.  LROM actually got me choked up and a bit teary.
He did not miss a note and poured his absolute guts into every song.  Tonite,
Roger is my hero.  Zak during the Tommy encore was also tremendous, and the
WGFA "solo" was damn good.  He is a member of the Who.  Pino's John's MG solo
was better tonite than monday, and he puts his own little twist on it on the
last segment.  It was a nice job.  As great as HB was, this put it to shame.
I am pissing my pants about my 12th row seat for sac tonite.  Was in sec 200,
row7 last nite- good seats.

kevin mc

"Just fucking listen and shut up!"- Pete Townshend live in Long Beach 1971