[no subject]

I am deeply saddened at the unexpected loss of my
agency client, and friend, John Entwistle. His
unexpected death last week came as an absolute shock
to my staff and myself. We are further saddened by the
fact that we knew John was looking forward to not only
the USA tour scheduled for The Who but also his first
UK tour with his own group, The John Entwistle Band,
for twenty plus years. We were waiting to announce
this tour once The Who dates were underway. For the
JEB tour John had recruited on guitar, his friend Todd
Rundgren, and their management and we believe that
this collaboration could have led to some incredible
music. We know John was as eager to be out touring
with Todd & JEB as he was to get touring with The Who.
Our condolences are deeply extended to John's family,
Pete Townshend and Roger Daltrey, and the surviving
members of The John Entwistle Band, especially his
drummer and personal manager, Steve Luongo. I believe
that we are all agreed that we have lost the greatest
bass player that we have ever known.

Nigel Morton 2nd July '02

=====
-Brian in Atlanta