Luongo on Entwistle

from http://www.johnentwistle.com/

John Alec Entwistle was a gift in my life the likes of which I will never know again. He was the most gifted musician I have ever had the pleasure of playing with and he was my musical soul mate. A rhythm section is like a musical marriage -- we had a great one for 15 years.
I was inspired by far more than just his talent. I was inspired by how he lived his life. No excuses, no apologies, no pretensions! He remained one of the most grounded people I have ever known despite his immense celebrity.
John was one of the funniest people I ever knew. He could always make me laugh at the worst of times and did! When asked who his favorite bass player was he would respond "ME of course." That was John!
John Entwistle was honest, sincere and truly cared about his family, friends and his fans. He was one of the kindest people it has ever been my privilege to know. He would stand in the rain and sign his name on anything until the last autograph was signed. Of course then he'd complain for the next half hour about what the rain did to his hair.
I had the honor of calling him my band mate, my business partner, my writing partner but above all these things he was my friend and I loved him with all my heart. I will miss him forever.
I would like his fans to know that he loved them so much and would, as he used to say, "play at the opening of an envelope" if they were there.

God Bless you John Entwistle, I will miss you until we meet again.
-- Steve Luongo