[no subject]

WHO STAR'S DAD TOO ILL TO BE TOLD OF DEATH Fear for
88-year-old
By Adrian Shaw

THE sick father of tragic Who star John Entwistle has
not been told his son is dead.

Medical staff fear the shock could kill frail Herbert
Entwistle, who is in a nursing home.

His wife Dora, the rocker's stepmother, said last
night: "John's dad is 88 and ill. The home's staff
haven't told him yet.

"It's really sad. John was a lovely man and he was
still young, really."

Herbert is being cared for at a home in Newport,
Gwent.

Dora added: "John used to love visiting and came here
often over the years. We're going to miss him.

"You don't expect a son to die before his father."

Bass player Entwistle, 57, spent his final hours
chatting to friends and fans the night before he died
of a suspected heart attack on Thursday in a Las Vegas
hotel.

There were no signs that the musician was close to
death.

He sipped coffee and brandy in a bar, posed for
photographs and seemed happy and relaxed, said
onlookers.

Fan John Shaheen was the last person to be pictured
with him.

Laura Eveleigh last night told how she had talked to
Entwistle hours before his death about an art
exhibition she helped him organise.

She said: "We talked about his animals. We talked
about the new artwork he had done. We even talked
about the wonderful sessions The Who had in London.

"He was fine. That's the thing that's so shocking to
all of us."

Laura met Entwistle in the bar of the Hard Rock hotel.
He had just checked in and was preparing for the
band's new US tour which was due to open in Las Vegas
on Friday.

She and her husband Bill left Entwistle around
midnight expecting to see him at the art exhibition
the following day.

Instead he was found dead in his hotel room at noon by
friend and manager Cy Langston.

Although he smoked and had previously taken heart
medication, Entwistle had regular check-ups.

Friend Steve Luongo said: "As far as I know he was in
excellent health."

A post-mortem has been done but the results are not
expected for weeks.

Last night Who guitarist and songwriter Pete Townshend
told how he would carry on by thinking of the good
days he spent with Entwistle.

He said: "It is easy for me to smile when I remember
John. I loved him unconditionally."

=====
-Brian in Atlanta
The Who This Month!