[no subject]

The [Gay Pride] parade's guest of honor was Chuck
Panozzo, bass player for the Chicago rock group Styx,
and the parade theme was "Pride Worldwide.'' Panozzo,
who has AIDS, recently revealed he is gay. He is a
spokesman for the Human Rights Campaign's Coming Out
Project, along with other openly gay performers such
as k.d. lang.

"I had a bunch of gold and platinum albums,'' Panozzo
said. "My professional life was great but my personal
life? I had none.''

Panozzo expressed sadness at the death last week of
the Who bassist John Entwistle. "I think perhaps he
was the greatest bass player that I had ever heard or
seen,'' said Panozzo, who grew up in the 3900 block of
East 101st.

=====
-Brian in Atlanta
The Who This Month!