Fwd: Watford Colosseum, January 31 2002

Here's the first report:

> Back to top form tonight, with a performance
> to almost match the first night at Portsmouth.
>
> Roger ditched the baggy grey sweat shirt, upon
> which he sweated a 'target' on the second night
> also, in favour of a black shirt, tight black trousers
> and belt.
>
> Pete said 'the next person that tells me to get on with it is
> a twat'.  When somebody did so, he called out 'right,
> twat number one, mark him somebody'.  Then someone
> shouted 'Take your time', to which Pete replied, 'No, you
> really DON'T want me to take my time.........!'.
>
> They played longer than in the two previous shows,
> duration tonight was 2h 22m.
>
> Pete seemed to have been reading, probably like many the rest of us,
with some acute depression, the emerging story behind the Damilola
Taylor murder. (This was a young, black boy, on his way back home after
a computer lesson, who was allegedly stabbed with a broken beer bottle,
> and left to bleed to death. Police tried to give him mouth to
> mouth when they noticed his breathing was depressed, but it emerged
> that the four youths currently on trial for the murder put a marble
> down his throat, seriously impeding his airway, making this treatment
> totally ineffective........).
>
> Pete made several references,  'put a marble down his throat',
> and did NOT sing the usual ad lib about 'all the kids are alright',
> and instead doing another improvised vocal.
>
> Roger also said 'and if not all the kids are alright, let's do
> something about it' .
>

> Set List:
> I Can't Explain
> Substitute
> Anyway, Anyhow, Anywhere
> I Don't Even Know Myself
> Amazing Journey
> Sparks
> Pinball Wizard
> I'm Free
> My Wife
> Who Are You
> Getting In Tune
> Behind Blue Eyes
> Drowned (Pete solo acoustic)
> Baba O'Reilly
> The Real Me
> You Better You Bet
> 5:15
> Won't Get Fooled Again (with extended jam ending)
>
> Encore:
> The Kids Are Alright
> Baby Don't You Do It
> My Generation
> Summertime Blues
> Young Man Blues
>
> We'll do a full review tomorrow night, as well as the full review of
> Portsmouth second night we promised. Thanks for those of you who
bother to read this stuff for ACTUALLY NOTICING and emailing us to this
effect!  We had to leave for Liverpool a few hours after the 2nd P/M
show, Who fans need their tour info, but the Arrowe Park patrons needed
us more, sorry!!

> Kim+Lester

=====
Don't meddle in the affairs of dragons, because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
http://auctions.yahoo.com