A new Generation of Swine will Doom Who Album Sales

...and that's okay.  Album sales don't mean quality.  Like Scott, I'm just
jonesing for a good album.  I could care less if it sells but a few copies.
The Who have always been an individual component of my personal makeup
anyway.  I got tired of caring if they made any top ten lists a long, long
time ago.

Kev Mc:

>The Who can make a new album

>which rocks like a mother and show all these young punks what real hard
rock

>is from the original hard rock band.

Kev, you can lead a horse to water, but you can't count your chickens before
they hatch.  Or as Basil Fawlty once said:  "A blow on the head...  is worth
two in the bush."  Besides there's enough Who music (including "new"
releases) already available in most music stores where these mindless swine
could educate themselves.  The Who already HAVE a "new" album in the LAL
re-release RIGHT NOW and we know it doesn't get any better than that.  I
don't see any kids today buying that, do you?  The Who is in the public eye
right now, right?  So how come LAL isn't in the top ten?  Because only
people our age (and mostly Who fans) have bought it and a 17 year old kid
who plays it for his buddies will get tormented for playing it.  But there's
a simple element that was prevelant in the 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s and especially
today:  kids (en masse) don't care about older performers.  It simply isn't
cool.  I do aquiesce to the younger Who fans out there, but there just isn't
enough to put them high on the Billboard charts.  Besides, today's teenagers
were recently pegged (by TIME magazine, I think) as the worst batch of
pubescent scum that has ever plagued the planet.  I don't expect much out of
them nor do I want to.  A year ago, I was stuck with a frightening example
of today's teenage ignorance:  I mentioned the Beatles in a conversation
with a few college kids and a frat boy asked me, in total seriousness:  "Who
are the Beatles?"  He could tell you all about Snoop and Dr. Dre though.
What a fucking mess.  They are doomed.

And about Clapton's "Unplugged", it's spooky to think about, but that was
already a "long time ago" in music industry standards.  That #1. spot
Clapton held was from a completely different audience then, and those who
now drop the billions on Brittany, et al, were still suckling from teets as
babies when that was released.  Clapton's Unplugged has no relevance in
discussing today's cash spewing youth.  You might as well be using Sgt.
Pepper as an example.

As Schrade said:

>New Who album? It won't crack the Top 20. Top 40? Top 50?

As usual, that man is on target.

Peace,

Jim in Colo Springs

"Magically bored in quiet street corner; free frustration in our minds and
our toes."  PT