Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V9 #29

Well,I wasnt as fortunate as some to see this magnificent who gig so thanks
for the great review neil ! and for the great links Brian !  It made the
afternoon quite exciting
But visually I had to settle for the new dvd of CFNY.  I wont go on and on
but the picture is excellent and the sound is very clean its a warmer sound
than the in your face mix of RAH .  The mix is so well balanced, a major
improvement over the original broadcast. And I'm so happy Pete's tone has
gotten thicker, its getting close to the fat raw menacing tone of the gibson
sg days.  I recommend  this 2 disc set highly, it is still quite an
experience looking at the firemen and the pictures of loved ones.  And then
seeing the who put on such a dam great set.  I know you'll ignore this but
despite the slightly off key vocals i thought  behind blue eyes was one of
the better versions i've ever heard.  Oh by the way i hope there were a
couple of people videotaping the guild hall show sound like you guys saw the
best yet.   Imagine that, they're getting even more exciting with every
gig,.... if thats possible. Plus the New album,  whew maybe a concept album
from Pete SO much to take in its overwhelming.
drew