Who in Cartoons

>But can you imagine a real WHO cartoon (not the Simpson thingie), but
>something like the old Beatles series, or worse yet, the Jackson Five
>one....

I saw The Who in cartoon form about two or three years ago on - I think,
"Animanics".  There was a segment where an older uncle rabbit had a
flashback to the 60s.  The rabbit was on vacation and he was adamant about
getting away from all the "noise and rackett" of the city.  So he decided to
have a peaceful weekend in farm country.  Well, this was supposed to be 1969
and the farm that Uncle Rabbit chose was owned by a certain Mr. Yasgur.
Needless to say, Mr. Rabbit was furious that his peacefully quiet weekend
was overrun by hippies, rock music and the Woodstock festival.  So Mr.
Rabbit decides to sabatoge the concert and as he works his way to the stage,
we are greeted by a cartoon replica (complete with fringe jacket, boiler
suit, etc...) of The Who playing onstage.  The rabbit grabs a guitar and
smashes it ("I'll shut them up!") and the cartoon Pete notices and says,
"Great idea!"  The rest of the band proceed to smash their instruments and a
cartoon classic was born.  I've never seen it before or since, but I was
simply delighted.  It's quite apparent that the creators/writers of that
cartoon were Who fans, especially since no kid would have caught the
smashing of the instruments satire.

Thought you might get a kick out of that one.

Jim in Colo Springs