Re: New Album- Old song

>I want them to be successful with this possible new album and I want to
>hear it on the radio in a big way, sort of like when the song Who are You
>came out in '78. That was a great event.  I love that song.  Where/How did
>Pete come up with that sound?  It is totally unlike any other song and
>*that* one held up like a mug!

Mick's got it made, BTW.  I identified one of his new songs amidst the
Muzak at the Penney's department store last night.  :)

>I was delighted when Who Are You played on this station. It sounded so
>fresh and strong.

That one seems to be the big winner from CFNYC.  I've been hearing it a lot
here, too.  Cusak's intro and the drama must have really caught everybody's
imagination.

>Is this a longshot? Probably. But The Who do things that no other bands are
>capable of.  That, and they are the band that has Pete Townshend.

To hear new songs, or new recordings of old songs on the radio.  That will
be a tough one.  Classic rock won't play anything new, and for sure The Who
aren't going to fit most radio formats.  They'll need some creative
marketing to get it played.  Um, I did mention how Sting and Moby got theirs
played, didn't I?  Didn't Santana go out personally to hawk his
"Supernatural?"

keets