Be careful what you wish for...nearly off-topic

I guess I can go off-topic because I qualified my post in the subject:-)

One of my co-workers is a lifelong Elton John worshipper who got the chance
to sit in the 7th row directly in front of his hero last night.  He has
never been anywhere near that close.

His summation of the experience:  "It was great but too loud."

I wonder about Who fans that have listened to the music outside of the
concert hall for years.  Has anyone been disappointed at their first live
experience?

Jeff