Re: BBE meaning

>"Theory- BBE is about Roger Daltrey being the most isolated member of the
>Who, and often percieved as the bad guy by the others."

It could just as easily be Pete when Karen was irritated with his job, or
maybe when he forgot their wedding anniversary.

>That's one interpretation.  It was written to fit into the Lifehouse plot
>as a soliloquy for the villain.

This is a typical Pete song that can be interpreted according to how you
feel on a given day.  Of course it has a meaning within the opera, but like
Kevin Mc, I've always thought it was an ironic statement (imagine that!)
about being *perceived* as a bad man, and not being that underneath at all.
I'd love to read Pete's original script for Lifehouse, BTW.  :)

Regardless of the slight mis-fit with the situation at CFNYC, it's easy to
see how the audience connected so strongly with this song.  The lyrics are
concerned with lonely hours and biting back on your anger and being a bad
man for feeling that way.

keets