Re: face hitting and "music in the yard"

In a message dated 01/16/2002 7:57:37 PM Central Standard Time,
TheWho-Digest-Owner@igtc.com writes:

> Dude, you're digging yourself deeper and deeper with each of your
> explanations about this hitting in the face stuff.  It's akin to saying
> "...yeah, I had sex with my dog - but it was a female dog!  At least I'm not
> gay!"  Maybe you ought to discuss other habits of yours to keep us
> entertained, this one is getting a tad redunant.  Now, have you ever carved
> a girl's name into your flesh with a butter knife???  Repeatedly zipped up
> your chopper in your fly???

I'm not the one who keeps this going.  People keep asking me about it or
commenting on it.  The lighter burning isn't with the flame.  They heat up
the metal around the flame then burn it into themselves.  They're drunk so it
doesn't hurt much- i imagine.  I have never done this or even considered it.
I stay out of fights and destruction of property.  It's really not that big a
deal.  it's like drunk dudes crushing beer cans on their heads or football
players head butting each other.  It's dumb, yes.  I would also like to move
on and away from this topic- but i will still let some of you hit me if i see
u on the summer tour.

new topic:  the classic rock club i started has been allowed to provide
lunchtime music in the courtyard next wednesday and I would like to get some
advice on which Who song I should play.  The music will include Zep, Hendrix,
Beatles, Stones, CCR, Clapton, Who, pink floyd, and the Greatful Dead.  Song
selections will be made in the next 2 days.  WGFA is too long unless I fade
out before roger's big scream and "meet the new boss."  On our nomination
list is pinball wiz, baba o, and MG.  I'm thinkin we could get 2 songs in
w/PW and MG because they're short, but BOR is so regognizeable among HS kids,
prob moreso than the others.  Any thoughts?

kevin mc