Re- Quad in 1973

I'm assuming that you are talking about the album and was it at all
successful ? I think I cangive a bit of persective from the way it was in
Britain as Keets has seemingly written abouthow it fared in the US.
First the album did quite well at least reaching #2 in the officialcharts.
(there were several at the time,different radio stations,music papers
etc..) The single'5.15' also charted but did not make it into the top ten
but hovered around #15. The Whowere featured on "Top of the Pops"
performing said single. In at least one music paper, in a reader's
poll, (NME)   Quad was voted second best album ,and '5.15' actually came
in first. As far as I can remember,the Album went Gold fairly quicklyand
sold quite well. Though I have no memeories of this ,Brian Cady wrote
that the album's release was delayed due to a shortage of raw materials
caused by the oil embargo at the time.(However, I managed to secure an
early copy even before the official release date).I was still in High
school and most of my friends loved the album and I  was constantlyapproached
to play it again and again and even lend it out to people! The NME also
ran aWho contest with a picture or Roger twirling his mike but the cord
and mike were blankedout and you had to mark an X on the spot where you
thought the mike's position was, if youwon there would be about 15 prizes
or so of the  Quadrophenia album as the prize!On the whole I would say
that Quad was definately a very succesful and popular recordat the time
but had stiff competition and did well despite that fact.Regards,Derick.