Re: interesting thought

> I'm having interesting thoughts this morning.  Here's part of something I
> posted on O&S yesterday.  So now I'm thinking how The Who never gets to hear
> The Who play.  Everybody else gets a chance to sit out in the audience and
> experience The Who, but they're busy doing it, so they don't get that
> opportunity.

I know what you're saying here....that The Who don't get the audience member's
perspective (& sound) of a live show.  But besides the monitors, the band probably
hears it the same way the people in the first few rows hear it.

I don't know how each member likes his monitors set up.  Roger, for example,
may just want to hear his vocal & some of Pete's guitar in the monitor.  Maybe
that's the most comfortable for him.

Zak probably asks for vocals, OX, & lots of Pete (in order to hear his many cues.)

Pete?  Who knows?  OX?  Does it even matter?

You can ask for whatever you want in your monitors.  Whatever let's you per-
form the best.

You mentioned Roger having the best chance of hearing the "true live Who" be-
cause he's more out front.  But I doubt it's any different-sounding for Pete who's
sometimes only a few feet away.

And then you have the fact that each venue is unique, etc., etc.....

I could flip-flop your theory & say it's the *audience* who doesn't experience the
true live sound of The Who.  Maybe you have to be in the middle of it all to get the
*real* Who effect.

How'd ya like to sit in the midst of *that* hurricane of noise?  Mmmm.....fun!!!

- SCHRADE in Akron