RE: CousinKevin, New Album, And a whole bunch of other stuff.

>From: "Scott Schrade" <schrade@akrobiz.com>
>Subject: Re: Who on Monday Night Football
>
>I got a report from a friend who said Kevin Pollack was on the Conan
O'Brien
>show & we he was introduced the band (incl. Max Weinberg, right?) played
>"Cousin Kevin."  Really.

Wow, that *is* pretty fucking unheard of.  Cousin Kevin???  Bet most people
in the audience were like "what the fuck is *that*?".

>From: "L. Bird" <pkeets@hotmail.com>
>Subject: RE: Set List, Hud, My ass, privacy, Pete's writing
>
>Unlikely, especially as he's said it <Boy Who Heard Music> will be a solo
project.

Eh?  I don't recall him saying that.  I do recall him saying Rog suggested
he not include The Who in it.  Doesn't mean it still won't happen.

>That doesn't mean he, or Roger, or John, don't have some other ideas to
kick around.  We
>may end up hearing some new songs in work, only tacked on to the end of
>greatest hits (like last tour).

I know you really liked the new songs, or more accurately, the variations of
old tried and true songs.  I really did too.  But, they weren't satisfying
to me.  I want all out new (never before heard or never before related to
previous material) songs and music that will make people take note.  Press
included.  We need a statement.  Well, ok, we *want* a statement.

>I thought he said he CAN'T write for The Who any more.

I never saw this as "I'm *unable* to write for The Who."  I saw it more like
"I'm doing my own thing now, and can't be wasting my time on that old relic
The Oooooo."
I think his thinking has changed now.  He seems to want to write for The Who
again.  Or, at least was a bit miffed at Rog asking him not to include his
new concept.

>I don't think he should try to go backward--that's oldies stuff.  It comes
>out however it comes out.  After all, "Eminence Front" is a damn swing
>piece, and The Who does it really, really well.  They're ready for whatever

>he writes these days.  Just not too much subtlety, at least not on stage.
>;)

Good point.  I see where you're coming from.  But, I *do* want that drive
that kicks The "WOW" factor into the fucking atmosphere! I want to stand "in
the fields" after a song and look around with that confused feeling, seeing
all the fans look at each other like "woah, what happened, where am I??????"
*THAT's* The Who for ya.

>There's more than one way to do it, though.

Snicker.  :-)  Blush.

>Is it possible to go all the way back, and let the band have
>more input into the process?

Why not?  I say it is.  But, and it's a big BUTT to be sure (I like big
butts, and I can not lie, you other brothas can't deny), is changing what
has worked in the past the best thing to do after all this time?  I mean
given Pete's stated apprehensions, etc. ?  Or, maybe that should be reserved
for New Who Album #2!  Yes, YeS! A whole series of new Who albums!!!!
drool, drool, droool

>>Roger can't sing bitter and sarcastic???  You mean like Dr. Jekle, or
5:15,
>>or My Way, or WGFA, or Substitute, or MG, or..or..or, or just about all
Who
>>songs?
>
> For Roger to express
>irony or sarcasm would undermine the top level meaning of the songs.

Kind of like what Pete said Roger did with Quad????  Didn't Pete say he was
shocked the first time he heard Rog sing Quad?

Mark L., was Quad a good and successful album?

I expect better out of you Keets. ;-)  Ooooo, got Keets on the ropes.  Or,
is it the 'ol "rope-a-dope" (not to be confused with soap on a rope)?

>The Who doesn't have any problems with jazz these days.  I think they were
>taken a little aback by the style of FACE DANCES, but it didn't take long
>for them to pick it up.  John says he can't play jazz, but he does fine on
>Pete's whatever-it-is.

Well ok then!  No worries!  How then is Psycho-D not suited for The Who
again?

>It's be interesting to hear The Who do PD, actually.

Ah, ah...see!  I agree.  It'd be very interesting.  I'd buy it in a heart
beat.

>But it's going to be completely different.

Always is. And different can be goooooooooood.

>I don't think it's necessary.

Me either.  But, it sure would be nice.

>Did you like the Manchester "Crossroads Now?"

Loved it.

>I think that's what Pete's into these days, and I'll be happy to listen to
>more of it.

Me too, and hopefully at the same show.

>From: JVNNSJSP@aol.com
>Subject: Re: meeting Marl Leaman and AEB
>In a message dated 1/8/02 11:19:01 PM Eastern Standard Time,
>Sroundtable@aol.com writes:
>
>> When I
>> get drunk I routinely have multiple people punch me in the face
>
>Say What?!

SHLEEEETZZZZ!!! (that's coffee through the nose)

Filter Kevin Mc, Filter!

>From: "leandromilani" <leandromilani@bol.com.br>
>Subject: Re:Hi, there, again! And more topics related
>
>I'm personally a little bit skeptic about this new Who
>studio album <snip> I think this album will be great, I hope so.
>
>From: "Oswaldo Akamine Jr." <motax@uol.com.br>
>Subject: RES: Hi, there, again! And more topics related
>
>I WANT TO BELIEVE, as Fox Mulder would say.

I believe, I believe, I believe, I believe !!!!!

>From: "Mark R. Leaman" <mleaman@sccoast.net>
>Subject: Re: Who Meetings
>
>Kevin:

Yes?

>You want safety from Who fans???

Toward fellow Who fans?  Yes.  I have a dream.....

>Smoke another bowl.

Again, good advise for us all.

>From: Sigel James Civ 10 ABW/LGCW <James.Sigel@usafa.af.mil>
>Subject: 1st Annual Wet Who-Tshirt contest/Muppet Stew/
>
>>Two cheeks and a tootsie roll center.  ;-) (I can
>>get as gross as the next guy).
>
>So I guess the next
>logical question would be:  Mr. Owl, how many licks does it take to get
>to...

I stand corrected. ;-)

>Besides if Kermit is unacceptable, then I see Schrade's Muppet alter-ego as
>one of the old men hecklers in the balcony (not because of age, mind you).

Baahahaha!  Schrade you 'ol (but not boring) fok!

>English Boy has the other old heckler sewed up solid.
>Kermit:  "And now our very special guest - Roger Daltrey!
>Yeeeeeeeeaaaaaaahhhhh!"
>AEB/Heckler:  (fill in your own comment here)

Oh man, I needed that.

Kevin in VT