Re: A fresh tickemaster argument.

At 05:07 PM 2/26/2002, you wrote:
>>They *need* Clear Channel.  Clear Channel controls promotion and has all
>>the major talent in their control.  The one thing the venues need to draw
>>customers is talent.  In some cases (as in Boston), Clear Channel has an
>>equity interest in the venue.
>
>It seems The Who has managed to buy part of the package this time, but not
>all of it.  Apparently they got good old fashioned sponsorship from VH1
>and didn't sell the tour to Clear Channel this time (as seems to be the
>standard deal).  They're still appearing in Clear Channel's venues, but CC
>doesn't seem to be handling the promotion.  Has anybody seen any
>promotion?  (Other than VH1, that is.)

yes they do, see appended (and edited) info below:

From:     Clear Channel Entertainment <chic@listeneremail.net>
To:       Club Member <KATHY@ROGERDALTREY.NET>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 23:28:27 GMT
Subject: Blink 182!  Kids In The Hall!  And More!

Clear Channel Entertainment |
<http://cc.com/event.asp?zipcode=60618>Chicago Concert Update
Upcoming Shows!<http://cc.com/detail.asp?eventID=35847>
<http://cc.com/detail.asp?eventID=36060>The Who
with Special Guest Robert Plant
Tweeter Center - Tinley Park, IL
<http://cc.com/detail.asp?eventID=36060>Saturday, August 24 at 7:30PM

All dates, acts, and ticket prices are subject to change without notice. A
service charge is added to each ticket price. All events are rain or shine.

You received this email because you asked to receive our Concert Update
email when you purchased tickets to a Clear Channel Entertainment event
and/or made the request to receive updates at CC.com. If you no longer wish
to receive our Concert Updates
<http://www.listeneremail.com/autounsubscribe.asp?station=chic-cc&email=KATHY@ROGERDALTREY.NET>Click
Here
<http://sfx.com/publish_static.asp?page>Terms and Conditions of Use.
Copyright 2002 Clear Channel Entertainment Inc. All rights reserved.

Kathy

If you like Roger Daltrey visit my web site:
http://kathy.hispeed.com/index.html