Re: A fresh tickemaster argument.

>In the airline business there is no monopoly on the supply side.  Airlines
>have to compete with each other on price.  The airlines have effectively
>cut
>Sabre out of the equation by opening up their own online ticket
>distribution
>sites, and refusing to cutting the commissions they are willing to pay
>Sabre.  This undercuts Sabre's power in the market, and forced them to
>lower
>their fees.
>
>Sadly, there little chance this will take place in the concert business as
>long as Clear Channel is in control of promoting the shows.

So whats stopping individual concert venues from setting thier own price and
selling thier own tickets online?

And again what say does the band have in the prices?

If it all comes down to Clear Channel what's so evil about them? (Besides
banning songs after 9-11) I know thier a monopoly'ish company themselves
owning a few thousand radio and tv stations in the country.  Why is it thier
say in what ticket prices should be?

Brian Wright
http://www.wright-onthe-web.com